First off, thank you for purchasing the course, your support means a great deal to me. I've been working on this course for over a year now and so happy to bring it into reality.
Welcome to your journey in becoming a more valuable strategic designer. In this first segment I will briefly walk you trough the course so you can get a clear view of what you will learn. Let's get started:
1 — In the first chapter we talk about:
- The course interview, duh :-)
- How strategy changed my career.
- How a strategy project looks like.
2 —The second chapter is really about why strategy matters, how it has grown and how you can educate and sell it to your clients.
- The value of strategy
- How to sell strategy
- The origin and history of brand strategy
3 — In the 3rd chapter we dive in with the client workshop, how to faciliate, where to pay attention to and what questions to ask.
- Why do we need a workshop?
- What questioins to ask
- Asking the right questions
4 — Next, we take a look at the discovery phase, looking at the competitors, the company culture and so on.
- Company culture and history
- Competitor audit
- Customer journey
5 — After that, we dive deep into our customer's customer:
- Target audience and segmentation
- Customer research
- Buyer or user Personas
6 — Now it's time to dive in to what may be called the brand 'essence' or purpose, why does the brand excist besides making money?
- Why are we here?
- Core values and why they matter
- Creating a brand manifesto
7 — Now we now what the company is, who their customers are and why they excist, we can start to take a stand for the brand. We can start 'positioning' the brand.
- What positioning is about
- Defining the value proposition
- Positioning mapping and positioning statement
8 — Here we take a look at the brand personality. What is the tone of voice? What are the brand attributes and how can we define this?
- Why is personality important?
- Choosing the right attributes
- Crafting a brand voice
9 — Time to get our hands dirty, after all this talking and writing, we want to translate this strategy into a visual language.
- Why is there a gap?
- How to bridge the gap
- Stylescapes & moodboard
10 — In this final chapter we finish off with some final tips and tricks.
- Tips about presentation
- A few final words before you fly off